Sunday 4 September 2016

My House Hunt Wahala


Mm, deep sigh! It all started on a very cold night.. After a long and stressful day at work, you can imagine getting into the house by 09:55pm on a thursday night.

Ooh! Need I forget to share my emotional ordeal, earlier at work same very day? Sigh! Got a call from a family friend, who was also a neighbor at that time..

Phone rings "Ring Ring"
hello? Yes, good afternoon sir?
Caller's end, Julia, how're you? Are you still at work?

Me, Yes I'm still at work Sir.. Hope all's well?

Caller's end, Not at all dear, Please try to reach your dad and his lawyer ASAP..

Me, But why sir?

Caller's end, Just do it, Don't worry, when you get back home we'd all see, bye! "Drops Phone"

    Me, All the way back home thinking about the phone call, though I did as told earlier by my neighbor. Now home, facing the dilemma and trying hard to confront my fears bravely for the sake of my already heartbroken and distraught family.

Mm, "amidst sobs" looking around outside our four bedroom flat, with all our property scattered everywhere out in the cold night! No, I couldn't hold the tears in anymore, I poured out in shudders! Well we all slept out in the cold with empty stomachs. Mm, life!

    Next day the hunt began.. Later, i  got to realize my dad, our house agent for the past seven years and landlady's lawyer had been dragging a case for almost a year without our knowledge,

Well my dad called it quit and only asked for some months to pack out.. But the landlady would appear not to obey the court's ruling for time permit, instead she kicked us out.. And we refused to press charges. And so began the hunt, well two agents we got on such short notice, got us wrong choices after all expense made.. Till we retorted to bail for our present home, though not of same standard as the former we're content, long as we're together as a family.

             Our heart trenching struggle would've been saved a great deal if we had known about ToLet.Com.ng

This is the story of #MyHouseHuntWahala

        Written By Havilah Dammim Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is important to me, Thanks for dropping by