Sunday 21 September 2014

MY CYCLING ADVENTURE...

firstly wanna thank everyone who takes time out to read my blog... i have almost 6,500 blog hits at the moment, my target is 10,000 by december and i appreciate and celebrate you all for your time, data and encouragement. furthermore i would love to hear feedback from you about your opinions on the posts, how they have been of impact to your lives  and also suggestions on topics you would want me to treat... you can leave me a comment on either the particular post you like or on the testimony page of my blog. you can also send me a mail at tgbamila@gmail.com 

...And so for years when asked what are your hobbies I would always say "cycling, writing, swimming, travelling and talking," if you've met me you'll know I swim really well, maybe someday I'll post about it with pictures, till date my friend Ikanke Roberts calls me pappy water,(since anytime I say let's hang out Na swimming pool), and then even my parents nicknamed me Ajala(saying I travel too much, even though na them i use am resemble, i no talk anything ooo)  of course if you're reading my blog I'm sure you don't need more proof that I love writing. And as for talking? Ohhh meet me once and all doubt will be cleared.

What's missing? Oh I forgot. Cycling. I earned the name 'bicycle rider' from my great uncle Mr Ajayi (fondly called daddy Ikotun by members of my family) when I was about 10 years old. And till today I haven't been able to shake off the title.in fact i think he remembers the title and not my name... Even though I can't remember getting on a bicycle in the last 9 years.

Well for a while I've been trying to watch my weight and I decided to go back to my lost hobby cycling. And then things began to prove tough and from there comes the following lessons.

1.Not everyone will buy into your vision/even those closest to you- it would have been very easy for me to give up on my cycling quest as all I got was opposition from every angle, some felt I was too old, some felt I was just following a whim, others felt I was just being careless with money. Some others However, long story short if I had gone by what people said I would have given up.

2. Help comes from above and not from abroad, - after making up my mind to buy the bicycle the next thing was to make enquiries on how much one would cost. I was shocked by what I found out as some bicycles cost as much a one million naira,(chai money for brand new kia picanto and change) well I decided to go for the cheapest good one and the price came to 40,000 naira. Thus it became a prayer point and then one day a friend of mine drew my attention to an ongoing promo by a store on the island. They had slashed the price by half. The bicycles were selling for 20,000 naira, I immediately rallied round my friends on bbm and told them all to contribute o, so the promo wouldn't pass me by. And thus I started the #finebara campaign.(as my treasure called it,) some people tried to help while some outrightly laughed, some others promised to help, but in the long run one a single cent came out. 

3. Everyman needs a push- it was the day one of the people closest to me jolted me into reality that I repented, how could I think it was people I needed to get a project done, so thursday morning I prayed more than usual, my flat mates probably thought I was getting set to go cast out some demons but I was repenting from trust in man and handing it over to the most high. Someone pushed me to realizing I should go back to God. This might be your own push, God has all the answers you need. Go back to the source. Well I prayed into my breakthrough

4.God uses people- on Thursday morning Someone called me and said toffy check this website, they're doing another promo on bicycles, and I checked, and low the same bicycle I wanted was going for 14,000. However the deadline to pay was 3 days and the bicycle would be delivered before the month ended. (Them wan use our money go import the bicycle ni?) However I kept faith, and that same day God completed the money I needed to buy the bicycle with 4,000 extra. The last part was to pay and get it delivered by month end.

5.Tie your request to a divine assignment-  I told God, tomorrow would have been an opportunity for me to meet cyclist from all over Lagos and I would have made contacts, people that need to hear the word of God, people I can preach to,  but if I pay for a bike today I won't get it till month end. And I left it at that. My boss asked me to help him to the airport(it's amazing when you have a boss like mine, who appeals to you to help him do something he can command you to do) so I accepted with joy. As I rounded a corner I saw people offloading foreign bikes and I made a mental note to stop by on my way back from the airport. So on my way back I stopped by and it turns out they were the major suppliers in Ikeja, they also had a promo that was ending that Friday for 20,000. I told them I had seen one for 14,000 and they said if I could prove what I was saying they would lessen the price for me. I showed them the website and they agreed to reduce the price for me to 15,000, and an helmet and lock which cost 5,000 for 3,000.

That was how I paid the exact money God provided, put the bike in the boot and zoomed off, registered for the completion online and found myself on the island by 6:30am yesterday morning. Cutting the long story short, I got my bike, hobby back in force, learnt a lot and of course did ministry there.
Impossible is nothing... God bless you.

PICTURES AFTER THE CUT







4 comments:

  1. I was just imagining ur legs riding a bicycle. And I really laughed seeing the pics....... 9ice story u got bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do. Get complete kit for your next cycling trip...... Smiles may you no use buba and knicker.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't use this top for next cycling ooooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeepa... no wahala sir... definately... i go get there

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is important to me, Thanks for dropping by