Wednesday 11 February 2015

THE STAMMERER'S TALE

One of the most frustrating experiences you can ever have in this life is to be in a hurry to get somewhere but have to ask for directions from a stammerer. trust me it can be very frustraiting.

My first attempt at writing came when i discovered i was a stammerer, thus anytime i needed to spill out my mind i just turned it into a poem or a write up. and this continued over the years...

However as time went on my stammer became more embarassing as a lot of people who came across articles i had written wanted to meet me and talk to me. the height of it all was when my ss1 english teacher nominated me for the school's literary and debating society because of my prowress in argumentative essays. little did she know that the 'quiet, brilliant boy' she recommended was not quiet by choice but by the force because of the embarassing stammer he was 'afflicted' with. i decided to do all i could to overcome it.

i began to work at it, learning to take deep breathes before talking, learning to substitute vowel sounds when they clung to the roof of my tongue, and learning the use of synonyms. with time i gradually rose up to being very effective in debates, winning a coca cola/interract club debate in which over 50 schools participated by the end of my ss2. suffice it to say that i ended up being the president of the club before i graduated.

Today many years later i am a public speaker and preacher, talking from Podiums and preaching from pulpits with no trace of a stammer.only one with an exceptionally good mastering of langusge and speech would ever discover that up till today i work hard at not stammerring.

Thus i can boldly say to you that nothing should ever be able to limit you. it is good for you to identify your weaknesses then work hard at overcoming them and that's one major key to succeeding in life.

I thank God i was a stammerer growing up, i probably would never have learnt to wrtie as beautifully as this, but i worked at it. every problem/situation has a breaking point, don't just give up or resign to 'fate' take your destiny in your own hands.
God bless You




Inspiration is the Gateway to transformation
#GetInspired
Minister Effizey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is important to me, Thanks for dropping by