Friday 31 October 2014

THE WEDDING

I finally got around to writing this.
Well first of all I must say welcome to November. It already promises to be a November to remember. Yesterday morning I was opportuned to sit on a panel that examined the role of Godly connections in furthering the kingdom agenda, and it struck me that as Christians we really do need to make more connections if we are to fulfill God's command.
Well that's a full blog post in itself, I'll talk about it soon. For now back to the story.

The wedding took place in benin city, As I packed my bag to leave Lagos I thought to myself, lord, na me be Bestman again? How many wedding I go do groomsman/bestman sef before my turn go reach? and I heard him whose voice was like the son of man say. This is the last time( I hope you all know since I am made like Jesus my voice sounds like him too)  so having made such strong affirmative declaration in my spirit I prayed and set out for the park. I thought it was my assistant in the office that was going to drive me to the park but on getting to God is Good motors, I knew I was driven by a James Bond wannabe. Thanking God for safe journey (Omo na journey o, cos my heart dey my mouth all through) I waved him goodbye and whispered a quick prayer to God to keep him safe especially as he was driving my only car.

Few hours later my eyes snapped open. It was 11 and the bus was stopping. I was happy that we had arrived Benin but alas when I discovered we were just at ore. Chai since 7am? Who the heck was driving this bus, a snail or a tortoise? (The voice came again, should your assistant come take over from here?) I immediately repented and walked in to eat the not so tasty but amazingly expensive food they had to offer where we had stopped and then continued my sleep fitfully punctuated by the grumbling of the bus driver. (Ok to be fair to him, it's not good to sleep when you're the one sitting beside the driver. As it might cause him to feel sleepy also)

Well thankfully when I woke up this time I didn't need a prophet to tell me I had arrived in the ancient city. The town truly deserves that name. ( I say no more than that before I begin to receive death  threats from my Benin folks) within 20 mins of coming down from the bus I was thoroughly lost in a town I had schooled a few years ago. Thankfully after 2hours God sent an Angel (in the form of my friend who was getting married) to rescue me. God used my gsm to guide the angel to my location and that's where the story began.

At this point I'm wondering if to rename the title of this post to THE JOURNEY because the wedding itself was beautiful, but the journey before and after was hectic.

My good friend(I'm intentionally not mentioning his name, I no want make Una go find am kidnap) was running around doing all those little things people do before they get married, and some more, and by 6pm he fainted inside the printing press. Mhen see as people confuse, I just smiled and applied first aid treatment.(red ooo) and then later got him something to drink to regain his strength. He fell sick overnight and by Friday prayer warriors were attempting to bind and cast every demon that was against the wedding. I thundered amen as they prayed(make I no be like the demon wey wan stop the wedding) but shook my head as this was a clear case of misfired prayers.(thankfully they took the shaking of my head as a sign I was communicating with the heavenlies.) 

Well the prayers must have worked because strength came, (even though he had to sleep and eat and use drugs to drive out some of the stubborn demons) and then we stated running around again, the traditional ceremony was to start by 2pm but by 1:55 we were running to the tailor's shop to collect our traditional attire. We finally made it to the ceremony and the demons had reared their ugly head again as he was ill again. I had to leave the ceremony and go conclude most of the other arrangements for the white wedding. Finally after the traditional ceremony he went home to sleep.( thank God ooo).
The morning of the white wedding came again and it dawned on us we had no suits to wear.( well in fairness to us we had suits they were just in the tailor's house, even though he was supposed to bring it.) and so on sat morning we found ourselves traversing the crevasses of one unnameable community after lucky way, looking for the tailor's place. We finally got there, made a lot of noise and took the suits n trekked back home again. Almost 45minutes of hard trekking on the wedding day, little wonder we could barely stand in the auditorium as the pastor took all year to conduct the ceremony. Plus we were expected to dance our hearts out when in reality we just wanted the ceremony over.

Admittedly I learnt a few things, e.g how to print a cute wedding program with just 4,000, and that the most important man in a wedding is the groom, not the best man as the name implies( I wonder why that name sef)  but I also discovered the power of delegation, it would save a lot of unnecessary stress and slow down the barrage of demon binding prayers towards heaven as regards the wedding.

As I sign out I must confess that being the Bestman who doubled as mc at the reception I had a lot of fun and I wished the reception could go on and on, then I remembered I had to preach in a Benin church the next day, so I had to close on time so I could also send a barrage of demon binding prayers towards heaven as regards the ministration.(since they Don teach me say demon plenty for Benin, so I no go faint on top pulpit.)

Thanks for taking time out to read this post, thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Sunday and have an awesome November.
Minister Effizey.

P.S sorry there are no pictures, I snapped then forgot them in Benin.(maybe those demons are at it again....)

5 comments:

  1. No demon fashion against u shall succeed in Jesus name

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen oopp my brother... (But those Benin demons tough oooo,)

      Delete
  2. Hehehe....tell em u don't want em to see d demon stressed out face#lol# I like tho n that's such an experience. God really is.....nicely written, ts a gud piece.enjoyed d interesting long gist. ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just dey lol. It's not by pawa or myte oooo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious, that's why I will always root for a very small scale wedding and a big honeymoon. I cannot kill myself. Nice writeup

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is important to me, Thanks for dropping by