Monday 27 October 2014

I AM

yesso... after the amazing question i posted last week, i was opportuned to preach in a church that same thursday evening and i asked them the same question, WHO ARE YOU? well thankfully at the end of the message God helped us to be able to identify who we were and it was an awesome time in God's presence, 


well, in this post i will be answering the question as it pertains to me, and i hope many of you have also gotten answers to that question(though una no gree comment so i go know ooo) but i'll go ahead...

God revealed himself severally in the past as I AM...(THAT I AM, THE BREAD OF LIFE, THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB, THE LORD, THE TRUE VINE... ETC) and thus we have the ready made format for introduction. so when God noticed that an identity crisis was plaguing his body(the church) he decided to remind us and this he did when he first of all said... "have i not told you? ye are gods!) let's not forget that was a reminder oooo, he had told us before.

a god! ahhh no way some of you would say, well let me remind you how man came to be... you were made in God's image(to look like him) and likeness(to function like him) so that when you walked into a place, people would see God. in other words God cloned you from himself so you could represent him here on earth.
(still not sure who you are?)

let me tell you who i am

I AM A CHOSEN GENERATION, A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PECULIAR PERSON... Now if you doubt the veracity of my claim as told me by God in 1pet2:9, i'm sure God was also serious in Rev 1:6, and in Rev5:10 again where he affirmed that i have been made a priest unto God and a king here on earth.


this takes me on a journey back through history, A king is the ruler of a kingdom, however when the kingdom runs into trouble, the king is usually stumped and he sends for the priest, the only person in the kingdom who can confer with the gods and profer a solution. so the chain of authority wss
king-priest-god!

however just as God is three in one, i'm also three in one, i'm a king, a priest and a god!!! so everything responds to me. i carry myself with that knowledge, and it has changed the way i look at situations around me.

now every small god gets his divinity from a soucre, fourtunately for me, i get mine directly from whom i was cloned from, the Almighty God, the Only ruler of the Heavens and the Earth.  so he is my boss, my Father. so i dispense my duties as a priest to him,(offerring sacrifices, prayers and oblation to him) and then i rule as a king here on earth.(having dominion, rulership ans authority)

this simply means, now that i know who i am in christ here on earth, when challenges that confront kings confront me, i don't begin to run helter skelter like others, i simply settle it the way a priest would do. however this means something. my priesthood must be intact if i'm to be a successful king.

A lot of christians want to rush into becoming kings, forgetting to settle their priesthood. and thus run into trouble. the bible says i am a royal priesthood. the question is which comes first, royality or priesthood. let me use another analogy, i am a blackman. means i am first a man before i am black. the black in fromt simple qualifies the man, so the royality simply qualifies my priesthood. in other words,

my proximity to divinity will determine my royality amongst humanity.

i leave you with this... i know who i am... a king-priest, a god..... WHO ARE YOU????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is important to me, Thanks for dropping by