Wednesday 12 August 2015

THE BELIEVER'S PLIGHT 1

I Don come again with my usual weird titles... Well weird but important.


 
Today's discuss is simple,  and if you disagree with me feel free to voice your comments.
I grew up hearing this statement, let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich. In fact I heard it as a song and as a recitation, even before I found out it was in the bible it had been sunk into my head.(take note). 

Thus for as far back as I can remember whenever I fall sick I would run to my parents and say I am strong, they would then monitor me and take me to the hospital.

Fast forward to when I started working, I woke up one morning and was so weak. Decided to go to the office and ask for a day or two off. And so I marched to my boss' office confidently and said to her, "ma please I would like to take today and tomorrow off," "why?" She asked? 'I'm feeling strong' . she looked at me, smiled knowingly and said, only the sick need rest. Since you are strong. Go back to work.
I kept looking at her as a devil in disguise and I worked under splitting headaches all day, finally closed and by the second day I couldn't get out of bed. I had to call in sick(so my salary would not be deducted for absence)

Shockingly as soon as I called her and in my shaky voice told her I was too ill to come to the office, she chuckled and said to myself, rest, take medications and also take the next day off to revocer properly. I was stunned... Was this not the same woman who refused me permission to get some rest the day before?

I resolved to talk to her candidly once i was fit and back in the office... I had several questions for her.

When i said i was strong(Professing my faith) she refused me leave
when i admitted being sick, i got an extra day off work
Was she trying to kill my faith? but she is supposedly a believer also?

watch out for the concluding episode.....

Inspiration is the Gateway to Transformation
#Getinspired

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is important to me, Thanks for dropping by