Wednesday 23 September 2015

Entry 3 #Dearfuturehusband by Tobi Olasubulumi

 
 
#DearfutureHusband,
 
I look forward to the day I will meet you and I hope we meet in good health and in perfect state of mind.
 
If you would develop the habits of determination and hard work, notwithstanding the circumstances you that shape you.
I know you cannot be perfect, So
If you would show me your faults without inhibitions
If you would let me help you through your stress, your fears and your tears
If you would let me take care of you unhindered
If you would let me carry a part of the heavy burden nestling upon your shoulders
And if in all your selflessness, you remember to consider yourself
 
If you would show me that other side of you others do not have the privilege to encounter
If you would be transparent and open, shutting up your manly ego, involving me in all your affairs
If you would let us work together, and be a team, rather than a boss and servant
If you would allow me to contribute, to support and encourage you on our way to the top
If you would make a name for us and not just yourself
And if in your time of success, you do not wipe me off your mind
 
If you would learn to be patient with me despite my shortcomings
If you would correct me in love
If you would be there to show me the right path when I am wrong
If you would patiently lead and guide teaching me in areas where I am ignorant
If you would crave, just as much as I will to right the wrongs we will commit against each other
 
If you would be loving and caring and leave me without any shadow of doubt about it
If you would take time to listen and pay attention to me
If you would not discard my crestfallen demeanor as others would
If my worried state moves you to act
If you stand up for me in all situations and against all and sundry
 
If you remain a rock through my hardships
If you accompany me to all the doctor’s appointments
If you are there with me when their first ultrasounds are taken
If you are there to share the joy as we listen to their first heartbeats and determine their sexes
If you hold my hands as the rewards of our labour are brought into this world
And if you are there to gaze into their eyes as welcome additions
If their midnight calls are not a burden, but a happy song in your ears
If their nappies are not repulsive but an attraction
If their ramblings are beautiful sounds to you
If the sound of their gurgling envelopes you
If their belching puts a smile on your face
And if their snores are your lullaby
 
If you encourage and support them
If you help train and bring them up in the way of the lord
If you do not spare the rod against them, lifting it at necessary times
If you would shield them from the horrors of this world
And expose them to the realities of life
If you would give them the quality time that they deserve
And teach them morals and whatnots
If you gently push them even when they disappoint you
If you would love them all, leaving none to feel left out
 
And most importantly,
If you wake to commit them and myself into Gods hands
And pray earnestly for us as I do as often as possible
 
If and if only
 
Yours Forever
To love and Cherish
Your Future Wife

3 comments:

Your comment is important to me, Thanks for dropping by