Wednesday 23 September 2015

Entry 4 #Dearfuturehusband by Ehi Oduh





#Dearfuturehusband
Dear Future Husband, I’ve been waiting…
Thanks for taking your own sweet time
It has made me all the better prepared for you
I’ve learned to be my own woman in that time
Not waiting to find my identity in a man
But finding ways I can add to a man
Waiting for you makes me believe everything good comes, eventually!

Dear Future Husband, I’m a go-getter…
You’ll do well not to forget that and expect me to sit at home
And wait on you, hand and foot
I’ll have a life outside of home
You’ll be required to appreciate that and not bitch about it
But pull your weight in raising our kids and in the house chores, too
You should be secure enough in your masculinity to allow me pursue my dreams
And be the wind beneath my wings, not the spit in my face!

Dear Future Husband, I’m your lover…
You are beholden to me
Our vows will you honour with your life’s breath
You’ll probably be smothered by all the love and devotion I’ll lavish in return
It’s coming from a reserve that’s been untapped for years
So expect a burst dam when I turn it on
But like my maker before me, I’m the Janus-faced paradox of love and jealousy
Should my love be taken for granted
I turn arch-nemesis – extremes, that’s my thing!
                                                                                    Yours till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is important to me, Thanks for dropping by