Monday 27 April 2015

THE DEATH SERIES: EPISODE 3: THE HEAVEN DILEMA

Hello family... Top of the morning to you,  it's getting hotter as this series goes on... several people have called to chastize me while some others have called to agree with me...
However i owe anyone who disagrees no apology, we are sometimes so entrenched in the status quo that we find it hard to understand Truth even when it's light shines directly on us.

Anyway i will be glad to answer any questions, simply direct them to tgbamila@gmail.com

Today we go straight to EPISODE 3: THE HEAVEN DILEMA

As usual a strange title, but if I must be honest to myself I am really in a dilema as regards the existence of Heaven to the believer.( Hold on, I have not back slided yet) but everytime I see a death and the attendant reactions from christians I am forced to wonder if Heaven is real.



I grew up hearing stories about the beauty of Heaven, how the streets are paved with gold and how there are crowns waiting for the believer who gets there.  However the only downside to it is that it is not immediately accessible to us. we have to wait for either death or for the rapture.
I remember a particular sunday school where a little boy stood up, raised his hands and said, "Aunty, why can't we all go to heaven now?" the adults burst into laughter.

Herein lies my Dilema; if heaven is real with all the attendant glory, and the only two ways to access it is either death or rapture, how come those are the two occurences most dreaded by the church today. the mention of the second coming of Christ in some churches today seems like taboo, whilst every prayerband is praying against the spirit of death. A secular musician who got puzzled had to sing "...Nobody wan die but them wan go heaven..."

As much as Christ has conquered death and given us access to life, if death is the only way to get to heaven for now, since Christ tarries, then why are christians so terrified of dying? does it mean they do not really believe what they confess about heaven being a better place? does it mean some believers do not really believe what they profess?

Apostle Paul was so happy to die, he said he had fought a good fight, had finished the race and was now ernestly waiting for the crown Christ will give him on the day of reckoning and then he made a profound statement that not only him, but a prize also awaits those who look forward eagerly to the day of Christ's coming.

I was listening to Benefit of Death recently, a message preached by Archbishop Benson Idahosa before he passed on to glory and I heard this "Pa Elton said to me Don't raise me from the dead when I die infact 6hours after I die bury me.. I have served God for 56years... I have done every thing God asked me to do. Don't buy a coffin, wrap me in a cloth and bury me; use the money for coffin to buy tracts and share to people And that's exactly what we did" -
Archbishop B.A Idadosa.

in my opinion that was a man who firmly believed in Heaven, and wanted to go there. his instruction "...Don't raise me from the dead when i die" is instructive. he knew he had lived a life of purpose and he was ready to go home to be with the lord.


My conclusion is this, The minute you truly believe Heaven is real and heaven awaits you when you die, you stop being afraid of death and concentrate on making maximum impact here on earth because you know your time here on earth is limited. that way when the master comes to take you home, you stretch your arms to him lovingly saying "Receive me."

Inspiration is the Gateway to Transformation
#GetInspired

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is important to me, Thanks for dropping by